Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

A friend and I purchased a home together as joint tenants.

Customer Question
A friend and I...

A friend and I purchased a home together as joint tenants. Recently, my friend asked if her daughter could move in with us temporarily and I agreed. Now, she said that her boyfriend is also moving in with us and that there is nothing I can do to stop it. I'm trying to find out what my rights are here. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: The Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No, I just had the conversation with her and was researching about it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Estate Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Estate Lawyer should be aware of?

There are no agreements in writing in regards ***** ***** people moving in, or not. I originally was purchasing the property alone but we added her to the deed at closing. I paid the $954 in legal fees for closing and $10,000 down payment, the rest is owner financed $30,000 for ten years. My partner gave me her portion of the down payment at a later date $5,000 but did not share in the legal fees.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/1/2016
Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this is in, please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!