Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My mother passed away in nov. 2016--still getting checks in…

Customer Question
my mother passed away in...
my mother passed away in nov. 2016--still getting checks in our checking account from Dupont retirement plans.i have to drop her name and just keep mine on savings and checking. I have called pension inquiries/changes 800 number twice-waited 30 min and 25 min no answer-I want too report her death--no luck---thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/1/2016
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney

Send the death certificate along with a letter explaining the circumstances and request to the pension company via certified mail return receipt requested That would put the company on notice of your request.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thanks.

Thanks 5 stars...

Please rate my answer through the website tab so that I may actually be credited for my time.

Thank you!