Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

If someone is put in a will and then passed away and not…

Customer Question
If someone is put in...
If someone is put in a will and then passed away and not removed from the will who will get that money, New Jersey law.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/1/2016
Estate Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 2 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

It depends on whether and how the beneficiary who died was related to the testator, and whether the pre-deceased beneficiary had any descendants.

Please describe the situation a little more.

My wife and a niece is on the will, My wife is her step daughter. The niece passed away a few years ago and was never removed from the will. She has a husband. I am the executer of the will.
Why have I been charged, I did not get my answer, to my additional question which was in more detail........based on your request.
In regard to my Account #(###) ###-####and Order ID# ***** please tell me why I have already been fully charged and have not recieve ma reply to my furthet information which was requested by the Atturney

I'm sorry the web site charged you already but I have no control over that.

Did the niece have any children?

No, the niece did not have any children.....................

Unless the Will provides otherwise, the bequest to the niece lapses and her share becomes part of the rest of the estate, see

http://www.njlaws.com/3b_3-35.html?id=2167&a=

I hope this information is helpful.

Do you need any more information?

N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney