Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Where can I find a sample of a court order bank to pay the…

Customer Question
Where can I find a...
Where can I find a sample of a court order for a bank to pay the executor in pennyslvania the 23,000.00 left in an aunt's bank account?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
3/1/2016
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Here is the application, oath, and court order in one document.You complete it and file it in register of wills here.You check Item B Petition for Grant of Letters of Administration.

http://www.pacourts.us/assets/files/setting-878/file-822.pdf?cb=60c1ca

When you go in front of judge here and take oath, court issues you letters of administration and these letters are then shown to bank to claim funds.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again and the best.Let me know if you have more follow up.

More forms under register of wills and resources as well.

http://www.courts.phila.gov/forms/

This is the actual order of the form above that judge signs.

DECREE OF THE REGISTER

Estate of

File No:

a/k/a:

AND NOW, , , in consideration of the foregoing Petition, satisfactory proof having been presented before me,

IT IS DECREED that Letters are hereby granted to

in the above estate and (if applicable) that the instrument(s) dated

described in the Petition be admitted to probate and filed of record as the last Will (and Codicil(s)) of Decedent.

_____________________

Register of Wills

Pennsylvania has a simplified probate process for small estates. To use it, an executor files a written request with the local probate court asking to use the simplified procedure. The court may authorize the executor to distribute the assets without having to jump through the hoops of regular probate.

You can use the simplified small estate process in Pennsylvania if property (not counting real estate, certain vehicles, certain payments the family is entitled to, and funeral costs) is worth $25,000 or less. (20 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. § 3102.)

The forms above are the ones to do this procedure.Thanks again.