Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How do I file a subpoena deceased husbands medical records…

Customer Question
How do I file a...
How do I file a subpoena for my deceased husbands medical records at nursing home
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
2/26/2016
Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

You have to file lawsuit against the nursing home for refusing to provide the medical records to you. Then after the lawsuit is filed, you would ask the Clerk's office to issue the subpoena for the medical records. If you have an Attorney for the lawsuit, the Attorney as an officer of the Court can issue the subpoena.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys who handle probate litigation to assist you with the case:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com