How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19471
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file a subpoena deceased husbands medical records

Customer Question

How do I file a subpoena for my deceased husbands medical records at nursing home
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You have to file lawsuit against the nursing home for refusing to provide the medical records to you. Then after the lawsuit is filed, you would ask the Clerk's office to issue the subpoena for the medical records. If you have an Attorney for the lawsuit, the Attorney as an officer of the Court can issue the subpoena.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys who handle probate litigation to assist you with the case: