Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My father passed 1 week ago. I know he had a will, as I

Customer Question
Hello, my father passed...

Hello, my father passed 1 week ago. I know he had a will, as I retrieved it for him from his file cabinet (I'm his son) a few weeks before he passed. My step mother and I have a very contentious relationship (as did my father with her), and I have doubts about her doing the right thing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I want to be sure she carries out his final wishes, but she is in posession of all of his papers. How can I "involve" myself to get the ball rolling in the right direction?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
2/23/2016
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

My condolences for your loss.

Are you planning to open an estate in probate?

Are you online with me?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney