Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My father passed 1 week ago. I know he had a will, as I

Customer Question
Hello, my father passed...

Hello, my father passed 1 week ago. I know he had a will, as I retrieved it for him from his file cabinet (I'm his son) a few weeks before he passed. My step mother and I have a very contentious relationship (as did my father with her), and I have doubts about her doing the right thing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I want to be sure she carries out his final wishes, but she is in posession of all of his papers. How can I "involve" myself to get the ball rolling in the right direction?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
2/23/2016
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

My condolences for your loss.

Are you planning to open an estate in probate?

Are you online with me?