Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Is the beneficiary deed you show legal state of Arkansas?

Customer Question
Is the beneficiary deed you...
Is the beneficiary deed you show legal for the state of Arkansas? How would I word it if there is to be three people named as beneficiary?
Thank you for your help!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
2/22/2016
Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Arkansas law allows for a beneficiary deed. See: Arkansas Code 18-12-608 (http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-18/subtitle-2/chapter-12/subchapter-6/18-12-608).
Here is a sample beneficiary deed for Arkansas which you can use to write your own beneficiary deed: https://s3.amazonaws.com/uslf-previews/AR/AR-019-77.pdf
You would name all three beneficiaries in the deed on the beneficiary line and you can name them as joint tenants with right of survivorship, meaning that once they die the remaining beneficiaries take the interests of the deceased beneficiary.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney