How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother passed away 9/25/2013 leaving an estate to my

Customer Question

My mother passed away 9/25/2013 leaving an estate to my older brother and I.She named my brother Independent Executor and me as Alternate Independent Executor.My older brother passed away 12/9/2015.
The will was probated in Montgomery County in 2014
I need to be appointed Successor To Executor to handle the remaining business of the Estate.
Can I handle this without an attorney?If so what steps do I take?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning David. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information. Since your mother died in 2013, it's a bit unusual that the estate is still open? Is there something complicated about the estate or did your brother simply not timely perform his job?

Related Estate Law Questions