Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have residential real estate owned in a revocable trust.

Customer Question
How did I title the...
I have residential real estate owned in a revocable trust. How did I title the trust so the property flows into a revocable living trust upon my death.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/20/2016
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that you want to have property that is in Trust A go to Trust B when you pass?

.

Are you the grantor (maker) of Trust A?

.

.

thanks

Property A is in a revocable land trust which I set up. I want it to be titled so it flows in to a revocable living trust, a separate trust. Yes, I am the grantor of Trust A.

Ok, then the property should already be titled in the name of the trust so the property records show it as the legal owner.

.

You would just need to do an Amendment to the trust that states that upon your death, the trustee of the trust will deed the property from Trust A over to Trust B so it would be subject to the terms and conditions of Trust B.

.

This isn't something that you do with the title now, you just put in a directive in the trust that it goes to the second trust upon your death.

.

.

thanks