How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2580
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Upon my death, I'm going to pass my assets to my girl

Customer Question

Upon my death, I'm going to pass my assets to my girl friend. I want to use a revocable trust. Once she receives the assets, how can i restrict her from passing the money to her children who are not prudent with money.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

You would have put restrictions on how she would get the money, either by a certain percent at a time or by the discretion of a trustee. So you would have to have the trust terms to reflect that. You cannot put on restrictions once she gets the money.