Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I own a house and 2 acres of land in Texas with siblings -

Customer Question
I own a house...

I own a house and 2 acres of land in Texas with siblings - undivided property - I want to purchase it from them - 1 whereabouts unknown - can I go ahead and purchase and take ownership of property without the approval or sign off of the last person?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I asked my question in my original text

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
2/19/2016
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney

No, you can only purchase the property to the extent of the other sellers interests. The other unknown owner's interest cannot be bought unless that owner agrees and sins of on a sale. However, all other parties agreeing to the sale can sell their interests to you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.