Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband received a large inheritance and opened bank

Customer Question
accounts under our living trust...
My husband received a large inheritance and opened bank accounts under our living trust. Am I entitled to any of it when we divorce?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
the trust is in both our names and he also uses his inheritance to pay our house hold bills from this money. Does this make it "joint monies"
2/17/2016
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Yes, if the money has been placed in a trust in both your names then you are entitled to your share of it as part of the trust.

Once the funds became part of the trust then the trust agreement controls your right as a beneficiary of the trust to claim the money.

Are you online with me?

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.