Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I purchased a home in 1991, the person I purchased it from…

Customer Question
I purchased a home in...
I purchased a home in 1991, the person I purchased it from was supposed to have the deed redone for me. I just found out today it was never done. I'm trying to join 2 plots as 1 and can't do it without the deed. How do I go about getting one in my name, the person I purchased from passed away yrs ago. Is there some place I can go in the City of Detroit, Michigan to get probono help I am on a fixed income.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
2/16/2016
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

How did you purchase the home if the deed was never put in your name?

.

Do you have something in writing stating the old owner was selling it to you?

.

Do you have proof of payment to the old owner showing you bought the house?

.

.

thanks

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney