How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is a FL resident, but is fighting with other

Customer Question

My friend is a FL resident, but is fighting with other heirs- her children- over a number of issues re property primarily located in New York. Her children are NY residents who have committed fraud, conversion, defamation, etc. to grab property that she is entitled to according to her late husband's will/trust.
Despite the location of much of the property, she's elderly so she'd prefer to bring suit down here and force them to do the commuting. Her children also have considerable influence in the New York area, and she'd prefer that the process be on neutral ground.
As a FL resident, can she bring suit down here in FL or MUST she bring suit in New York. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Could you provide a bit more detail about the substance of the claims? Are the claims related to probate or real property, for example?