Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My friend is a FL resident, but is fighting with other

Customer Question
heirs- her children- over a...
My friend is a FL resident, but is fighting with other heirs- her children- over a number of issues re property primarily located in New York. Her children are NY residents who have committed fraud, conversion, defamation, etc. to grab property that she is entitled to according to her late husband's will/trust.
Despite the location of much of the property, she's elderly so she'd prefer to bring suit down here and force them to do the commuting. Her children also have considerable influence in the New York area, and she'd prefer that the process be on neutral ground.
As a FL resident, can she bring suit down here in FL or MUST she bring suit in New York. Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2016
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Could you provide a bit more detail about the substance of the claims? Are the claims related to probate or real property, for example?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney