Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband set up a trust property and rented it out. The…

Customer Question
Hi. My husband set...
Hi. My husband set up a trust for a property and rented it out. The money is deposited into a trust account at the local bank. Does this mean that I have to file 1065 for a common trust or do I need to file 1041 - a trust return?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sorry, please send response to my email. Forget live call. Thank you.
2/14/2016
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If the trust is earning over $600 per year in income and retaining it, you have to file a 1041 under the trust's EIN number. A form 1065 is for Return of Partnership Income...not a trust.

.

.

thanks