How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it free advice
, i have a lawyer, but my step dad

Customer Question

is it free advice
JA: The Estate Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: i have a lawyer, but my step dad destroyed the will and my lawyer has copy. He went and had succession and did not tell me or my lawyer! i just looking online to see what i need to do because my lawyer is out of town now!
JA: I can help you talk to the lawyer. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: I do not have money to pay for new help, but thanks
JA: OK. The lawyer will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the lawyer can help you best.
Customer: I just found out thru news paper that my step dad fie succession, he refused to contact my lawyer with the original will claims he did not have it! my lawyer asked him to come in and sign away his use of house and he refused he has destroyed and let the place go bad and says he does not want to live there nor pay for taxes and damages! My lawyer did the will originally for my mom and has her copy but now i don't no what is going on since he did this succession without me knowing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have 2 siblings tnat my mother left out of the will and mystep dad has no interest in the house just co owns 2 acres with my mom!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Also, is this in Louisiana?