Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My sister passed her husband passed he had one son and no…

Customer Question
My sister passed her husband...
My sister passed her husband passed he had one son and no will. Am I consider an aired to his property.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
2/13/2016
Estate Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

No, the son will be the sole heir of the estate. Since there was no will, it would pass according to intestate succession (North Carolina state law). State law passes everything to the child. If there was no child, you would be an heir.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

The one son had one deceased sister. Do her children be part of the heir property.

If I understand you correctly, your sister had 2 cildren, 1 deceased. If that is the case, 50% go to the living child and 50 % go to the deceased child's children. The children to receive must legally be your sisters children by law.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces and numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney