How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We were told if you have a Revocable trust property then

Customer Question

We were told if you have a Revocable trust for your property then when the death occurs you will not need an attorney to transfer the property in your name. Well we had a death and the Hillsborough County court still made us get an attorney. We thought if we took the paper to them it would be transferred over to the person who was named as the successor. Where did we missed this information that an attorney is still needed in the process?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

That is generally true. If the property is remaining in the trust then the trust just continues in accordance with its terms and probate is not involved.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me? Did you have further questions?