Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

We were told if you have a Revocable trust property then…

Customer Question
We were told if you...
We were told if you have a Revocable trust for your property then when the death occurs you will not need an attorney to transfer the property in your name. Well we had a death and the Hillsborough County court still made us get an attorney. We thought if we took the paper to them it would be transferred over to the person who was named as the successor. Where did we missed this information that an attorney is still needed in the process?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/12/2016
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

That is generally true. If the property is remaining in the trust then the trust just continues in accordance with its terms and probate is not involved.

Are you online with me? Did you have further questions?