Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have pay taxes on a land without a house on it, and the…

Customer Question
I have pay taxes on...
I have pay taxes on a land without a house on it, and the property needs to go through
probate in Oklahoma. The land is worth under $6,000.00 Should I keep paying taxes until
goes through probate. I need a probate attorney, but hiring one may cost more then the land. What do you suggest.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
2/2/2016
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What is your relationship to the person to whom the property is titled? Is there anything else int he estate which would make it worthwhile to expend time and money on probate?