Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My sister was caring mom. We siblings agreed to reside there…

Customer Question
My sister was caring for...
My sister was caring for my mom. We siblings agreed for her to reside there with her husband rent free and power of attorney over her finances.mom passed and was told she was put on title of the house before she passes as co-owner . And now the deed is only in her name.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/2/2016
Estate Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Attorney replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you please help me better understand your question so I can assist you? Thank you.

is it legal for this step-sister who we agreed to give power of attorney to have transferred her name on house deed? She stated she had to borrow on the house for moms debts? Because she was caring for her the last three years of her life.There was no mortgage! So she now owns it because her name is ***** ***** title? The home is valued at $875,000 in hawaii. There are five other siblings.

The way to combat that would be to open up probate and contest the validity of the power of attorney by saying that it was fraudulent.

Did your mother have a will or any type of wishes?