Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Well I'm the grandson of my grandpo that has passed on and…

Customer Question
Well I'm the grandson of...
Well I'm the grandson of my grandpo that has passed on and didn't leave a Wil or benefiturary and I've lived with him over seven years and my wife was taking care of him also lived here with me and the only relative is his brother and he's in a home he has Alzheimer's and his son has power of attorney on him but I talked to him and he said he didn't want the house I got a statement stating that I'm the benefiturary from the cf&I where he was working and got benefit's from.I got a affidavit stating that I'm the one to get in anything he owns under 65.000 but the house is worth alot more than that. Please help we pay the bills and taxes & insurance on it so far so how can I get my home??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/31/2016
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

They can sign disclaimer

STATE OF _____________________)

___________ JUDICIAL DISTRICT : ss.

or COUNTY OF _________________)

AFFIDAVIT OF DISCLAIMER OF INTEREST BY HEIR

I, ________________________________, swear upon my oath or affirm under

(print full legal name)

penalty of perjury, that to the best of my knowledge, information and belief:

1. _________________________ (“Decedent”) died on ___________________,

as shown by the attached certified copy of the Decedent’s Death Certificate.

2. I am the legal heir and/or have been named as beneficiary of the estate of the decedent.

3. I am the ______ (relationship to Decedent)

and may have a present or prospective interest in estate of the decedent.

4. I hereby disclaim any and all interest in the estate of the decedent

I agree to defend, indemnify and hold all other heirs and/or beneficiaries harmless from any claims, demands, fees or expenses that result in any way from their reliance upon this Affidavit.

DATED at _________________________, on this ____ day of ___________, 20___.

(city, state)

AFFIANT:

Signature:______________________________________________

(sign full legal name in presence of notary public)

Name (please print):_______________________________

Address:_______________________________________

_______________________________________

Telephone No.:_________________________________

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO OR AFFIRMED UPON PENALTY OF PERJURY before me, this _____ day of _________________, 20___.

______________________________________

Notary Public in and for _____________

My Commission Expires:________________

Listen here is the correct application if there was no will..

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/PDF/JDF%20916T%20Application%20for%20informal%20appointment%20of%20PR%20R8%2013%20%28FINAL%29.pdf

I see no way around applying for probate and being appointed administrator/executor. Once you are appointed you do a fiduciary deed from yourself as administrator to yourself individually if you are the sole heir.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uslf-previews/CO/CO-SDEED-6.pdf

Please contact me some difficulties we are having thank you

I can do extended chat online, sorry not set up for phone calls.

Thanks again if you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.