How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41505
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well I'm the grandson of my grandpo that has passed on and

Customer Question

Well I'm the grandson of my grandpo that has passed on and didn't leave a Wil or benefiturary and I've lived with him over seven years and my wife was taking care of him also lived here with me and the only relative is his brother and he's in a home he has Alzheimer's and his son has power of attorney on him but I talked to him and he said he didn't want the house I got a statement stating that I'm the benefiturary from the cf&I where he was working and got benefit's from.I got a affidavit stating that I'm the one to get in anything he owns under 65.000 but the house is worth alot more than that. Please help we pay the bills and taxes & insurance on it so far so how can I get my home??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

They can sign disclaimer

STATE OF _____________________)

___________ JUDICIAL DISTRICT : ss.

or COUNTY OF _________________)


I, ________________________________, swear upon my oath or affirm under

(print full legal name)

penalty of perjury, that to the best of my knowledge, information and belief:

1. _________________________ (“Decedent”) died on ___________________,

as shown by the attached certified copy of the Decedent’s Death Certificate.

2. I am the legal heir and/or have been named as beneficiary of the estate of the decedent.

3. I am the ______ (relationship to Decedent)

and may have a present or prospective interest in estate of the decedent.

4. I hereby disclaim any and all interest in the estate of the decedent

I agree to defend, indemnify and hold all other heirs and/or beneficiaries harmless from any claims, demands, fees or expenses that result in any way from their reliance upon this Affidavit.

DATED at _________________________, on this ____ day of ___________, 20___.

(city, state)



(sign full legal name in presence of notary public)

Name (please print):_______________________________



Telephone No.:_________________________________

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO OR AFFIRMED UPON PENALTY OF PERJURY before me, this _____ day of _________________, 20___.


Notary Public in and for _____________

My Commission Expires:________________

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Listen here is the correct application if there was no will..

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

I see no way around applying for probate and being appointed administrator/executor. Once you are appointed you do a fiduciary deed from yourself as administrator to yourself individually if you are the sole heir.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please contact me some difficulties we are having thank you
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

I can do extended chat online, sorry not set up for phone calls.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again if you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.

Related Estate Law Questions