Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

My husband passed away nov 25. i have every thing taken care

Customer Question

my husband passed away nov 25. i have every thing taken care of except the house. we have a survivorship deed. how do i handle this?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

When you have a survivorship deed, title vests automatically in you. But, you do need to record an Affidavit of Death of Joint Owner in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located to clear up the record title. If you would like me to provide a template of this Affidavit, just let me know and I'll be happy to do so. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!