Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My husband passed away nov 25. i have every thing taken care

Customer Question
of except the house. we...
my husband passed away nov 25. i have every thing taken care of except the house. we have a survivorship deed. how do i handle this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
1/30/2016
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard, Attorney

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

When you have a survivorship deed, title vests automatically in you. But, you do need to record an Affidavit of Death of Joint Owner in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located to clear up the record title. If you would like me to provide a template of this Affidavit, just let me know and I'll be happy to do so. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney