Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I own a townhouse and have bank accounts in Melbourne

Customer Question
********, are they included in...
I own a townhouse and have bank accounts in Melbourne ********, are they included in my Texas will.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/26/2016
Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The TX probate court has NO authority over property in Australia.
That said, if you pass while a resident of TX, the appropriate place to run probate would be TX.
If there is also property in a different state or country? That would addressed after completion of probate in TX.

Your heirs would take the will from the TX probate and bring to Australia, along with a copy of the final probate order from the TX court to have the courts probate it under Australia law

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.