Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

An affidavit indicates that I am an heir-at-law of my mother…

Customer Question
An affidavit indicates that I...
An affidavit indicates that I am an heir-at-law of my mother who died with a will-
should I rewrite the affidavit & show that I am an heir ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/26/2016
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.

Yes you would do so in order to show the correct relationship.This will allow you to swear to it and sign it as factually correct in front of the notary and then file it.You always want to make it factually correct so that you can affirm it here.You can either make the changers on document and initial and sign them or retype it.Either way makes it legal and accurate.

I appreciate the chance to help you again today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney