RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

If the will says any equity in property is outright devised

Customer Question

If the will says any equity in property is outright devised to does that mean the land crops and buildings are given to that person and what if the crops that were harvested on that land after the passing do they belong to me or the estate and inheritance taxes or estate taxes do I pay or the estate pay
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Here you get the property as well as the buildings and any crops on it at time the estate deeds it to you.Until they deed it to you then the estate is entitled to crops but has to pay the property taxes as well.

Normally probate is opened, creditor claims are paid , then the property is deed to you by the estate.The deed includes from that date forward any buildings or crop on the property at time of conveyance.

The date you legally get the property and deed is recorded is the effective date of transfer of it all.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.