Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Selling my parents home,base was 220000 at death, sold it on…

Customer Question
Selling my parents home,base was...
Selling my parents home,base was 220000 at death, sold it on land contract,on going, for 169000 here's th question, I am making money from the contract,it not reach the 220000'so am I going to in trouble with irs?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/23/2016
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you clarify the facts for me? When you say you are "making money from the contract," are you referring to the $169,000 contract price? Or, something else? Thanks.