How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38169
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can be done to make an ex sign warranty deed on

Customer Question

What can be done to make an ex sign warranty deed on property that was ordered sold in divorcee
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


If the ex is being difficult and refuses to sign despite being ordered to by they court, the recourse is for the other spouse to file a "motion for contempt of court" with the same judge who entered the order. This will force the ex to appear in front of that judge and explain why they are willfully disobeying the judge's orders. The judge can then impose sanctions from a stern lecture up to 6 months in jail for the violation. At that point, in some cases, the judge may order the person to sign the deed right there in the courtroom under threat of going immediately to jail for contempt.