ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Im interested to get my daughters name on my deed house that

Customer Question

im interested to get my daughters name on my deed for a house that is soon to be paid off.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Okay. Can you tell me what your specific question is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im interested to get my daughters name on my deed for a house that is soon to be paid off. What is the best way to do that?

It's incorrect to say that you can "add" a name to a deed. That's an ancient term that was used a long time ago when a physical piece of paper actually was passed around indicating ownership. These days a new deed is executed and signed by the owners of the property that would have the name "added" to it. The "best" way would be a warranty deed, although a quitclaim deed would also work. Here's a link to a some deed forms: http://www.uslegalforms.com/deedforms/colorado-deed-forms.htm. You would be looking to the "individual to two individual" forms. In each of the forms, the "grantor" of the property would be the current owner, and the "grantees" would be the current owner AND the person to be added. As a 100% owner is transferring equally to himself/herself and someone else, each person would own 50% (or if there were multiple people "added", each person would own an equal percentage). After the deed is signed and notarized, the grantee can record it in the county deed records.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?