Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My brother and I were both trustees of a marital trust and a…

Customer Question
My brother and I were...
My brother and I were both trustees of a marital trust and a family trust set up many years ago. My father has passed. Somehow my mother removed me as a trustee for the marital trust and has him as trustee, (which means he is in charge from what I know).
My mother did this after she had a stroke. I am very unhappy with this for many reasons. I was told that because I do not have a husband and had no children that if I died the part of the estate that would have been mine would just go back into the trust.
I would much rather leave money to some relatives and to charities that I support now.
If I made a will can it precede the trust provision that the money goes back into the trust?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/20/2016
Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

I have reviewed your post, but did not see a specific question.

What is your question?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney