Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Can Executrix of estate reimburse children of deceased

Customer Question
for flight tickets for funeral...
Can Executrix of estate reimburse children of deceased for flight tickets for funeral costs? The money is there in estate.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/19/2016
Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Funeral expenses are valid expenses for the estate to cover. This can include costs of ceremony, casket, marker or headstone and other expenses that relate to the funeral.

But this would NOT extend to paying travel expenses for guests to the memorial services.

So if the executrix is paying for travel expenses? This can be challenged by the heirs of the estate (since it is not a valid funeral expense)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Attorney