Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My aunt, who lived with us years, passed and left a house to…

Customer Question
my aunt, who lived with...
my aunt, who lived with us for 10 years, passed and left a house to my exec, who resides there, until he dies, and then to my son. there is a small bank account of about $15,000.00, and a life po;icy, amount unknown, to my son. I have an initialed will, that i unsigned, and a letter from a doctor that attestes to my aunts wishes and states also that on past occassions, my aunt made it known verbally that I make all her decisions on medical and financial matters. since we are on fixed incomes, with no resources, how is the least expensive and having the least court costs way to resolve this. I am the only surviving heir.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/19/2016
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

First, let me tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your aunt. I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you and I will certainly keep you in my prayers. Is the will type-written or in your aunt's handwriting? When you mention how your aunt left the house, is that set forth in the will? Thanks!