Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

A pennsylvania resident creates a hand-wrtten will in Ohio.

Customer Question
It is dated nd signed...
A pennsylvania resident creates a hand-wrtten will in Ohio. It is dated nd signed and sworn to before an Ohio Notary. There are no other witnesses. Is the Will valid inPennsylvania and can it be probated in Pennsylvania?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/18/2016
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

The will may be in writing, but it must signed and the signature witnessed by two people to be admitted to probate in Pennsylvania.

So, the only problem with Pennsylvania probate is going to be the shortage of witnesses.

Are you online with me?

The witnesses do not have to have signed the will, but they do need to be able to testify to witnessing the testator's signature.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered you question?