Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

In montgomery county texas, do i have to have a lawyer file…

Customer Question
in montgomery county texas, do...
in montgomery county texas, do i have to have a lawyer file my wifes last will and testament or can i her husband file the will?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
1/17/2016
Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I understand your concerns but the local rules of most of the Courts hearing probate cases in Texas require that a person applying to administer an estate or admit a Will to probate must be represented by an attorney. Because the Executor has important duties to all of the beneficiaries and heirs of the estate, the Courts want to ensure that they are properly advised as to their obligations and duties as the Executor.

Can you accept the answer if you do not need further assistance?