How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19624
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine wants to name me as her Durable Power of

Customer Question

A friend of mine wants to name me as her Durable Power of Attorney. She is 79 years old and had been in the hospital as an incapacitated person under Colorado State Law does she have any rights to choose what or who she wants
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You said '' had incapacitated person..." If she is no longer incapacitated, she has the rights to appoint whoever she wants as her Attorney-in-fact. However, if she is still incapacitated, she does not have any right to appoint you as her Attorney-in-fact because she does not have the legal capacity to do so.