How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I requested appeal forms 3 (now 4) property escape taxes. As

Customer Question

I requested appeal forms for the 3 (now 4) property escape taxes. As the assessments are based on the date of my brother's passing, am I correct in assuming that the assessments are for his third of real property and not mines? Since any money received from sell of the property on his share would go to Medi-Cal (who has filed a lien), is there really any need to protest the property tax assessments? Would his share of the estate be held liable for the assessment taxes that I have been paying?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, if I am unable to buyout the other two-thirds, can a friend/associate do it? Is it mandatory that the property be sold through a licensed realtor to the public at large?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, this is Maverick. For the deposit amount that you have posted, I would be willing to answer one of these 5 questions you have posted. Please let me know if you want to go forward or click "opt out" to get a different expert.

Related Estate Law Questions