How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41019
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was afraid of that.....I had a Chancery Clerk here where I

Customer Question

I was afraid of that.....I had a Chancery Clerk here where I live to read the deed, he said by the way the deed was worded it was not a "Life Estate Deed", the had the property ownership then
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome back to JA. Ray here to help you. Here the property passed as it was a warranty deed.The father in law or his estate would have to file a suit to quiet title here and seek to prove that they reserved the life estate.This may be very difficult to prove if it has been a long period of time.They did not reserve it as they intended and it would take such a suit now to try and overturn it.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish I had better news here.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Reference to suit to quiet title.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

This law firm above will give you a free consultation, why not give them a call and let them review the deed and your other information and see if they think it is possible here to pursue or not.

Thanks again

If you can leave a positive rating it is always sincerely appreciated.

Related Estate Law Questions