How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to know what forms my brother is to provide my in that

Customer Question

need to know what forms my brother is to provide my for taxes in that he is the executor of the estate.. and if he is required to provide a statement of dispersion of funds, some form of accounting as to the administration of the trust.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Has the brother provided any forms yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has not provided any information about the expenditures before or after my mom'death.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Upon request, the executor is required to provide this information or risk breaching a fiduciary duty as executor. Perhaps send a written demand expressing your concern about the breach of fiduciary duty to garner cooperation.

K-1 tax forms are usually filed by the estate and the beneficiaries also file Schedule K-1 (1040 Form). Please see attached form and instructions published by the IRS:

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for you cooperation. Thank you.

Related Estate Law Questions