How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2579
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Having just found out my biological father passed away in

Customer Question

Having just found out my biological father passed away in the 60's is there anyway to try and get any part of the estate belonging to his two grandchildren? I have lived my whole life without knowing who he was but now that I am an older person I got brave enough to have a DNA swab test done with his grandaughter. Test positve. I have
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Yes but only id there is a will entitling the grandkids to the property or thee is no will and the estate has not been probated. is there a will? Has the estate been probated?