How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33445
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I intend to donate a gift of real estate property from

Customer Question

I intend to donate a gift of real estate property from Colorado to a college in Georgia. I've been told that a Quitclaim deed is the way to go. my concern is whether that particular transfer might jeopardize any tax benefits. Thanks for your help. Ted
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. The type of deed used has no relation on the taxes or tax impact associated with the gift. A quitclaim deed is the appropriate way to make a gift.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?