How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Took care of my mom years. Had to put her in assisted living

Customer Question

Took care of my mom for 10 years. Had to put her in assisted living 6 years ago. Staying in her house with a paying roommate. Been living there 10 years. Been paying property tax. I have a sister, who wants to move in, I do not want her to move in. Mother has no will as of yet. What rights do I have to keep my sister away, willing to work things out legally
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Who is the titled owner of the house?

Was the mother declared legally incompetent by the court?