How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What recourse of my trust

Customer Question

what recourse for theft of my trust
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

What state is the trust located in? Did the trustee take the funds, if not, who?

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Are you there?

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

If the trustee is taking funds from the trust then the trustee will be personally liable for the losses to the trust. Many trust and states require a trustee to post a bond to cover things such as this but that is not always common. The trustee has a fiduciary duty to preserve the assets for the beneficiaries of the trust and actions to the contrary can get the trustee removed and create a cause of action for the loss of assets of the trust and possibly and additional loss of income caused resulting from lost investment opportunities. You need to retain a probate attorney to ascertain your rights and possibly file a suit against the trustee and get he/she removed from their position.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any further questions? If not, please please positively rate my answer (there should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, a good or excellent rating would be fantastic) as that is the only way I will be compensated by the site for my work. This will not cost you anything extra and this extra step would be appreciated.

Related Estate Law Questions