RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

In State of NJ: want to avoid probate on Will of father but

Customer Question

in State of NJ: want to avoid probate on Will of father but many legal & financial issues to handle (small business owner & house owner w/ property). Who can assist the executrix asap in handling & putting in order financial/legal/close out/liquidate business/sell property/pay outstanding debts/collect & inventory assets to a completed steps where beneficiaries are paid and we are done? a lawyer/accountant/do it yourself???? thanks, terry
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You really will need an estate lawyer locally where your father deceased to make application for probate.The person appointed executor has to pay claims, sell assets,pay taxes and then distribute equally what is left.The probate court supervises the process for your protection here.

Expect this to take about a year from start to finish to administer the estate.The estate lawyer will help you through this process.

The lawyer will help you inventory the assets here, pay any creditor claims, help you sell the business or other assets etc and then make sure everybody gets their share under the will.The lawyer will help with this and guide you under the law.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

This will walk you through the process. I am so sorry for you loss of loved one.No way around filing for probate and going through the process with probate court.

http://www.njaffordablelawyer.com/wp-content/themes/theodoresliwinski/inc/Sliwinski_Guide_to_Probate_1_.pdf

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

I wish you the best and a happy holiday season.