Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I have a will from my late,husband which is a trust ,Iam

Customer Question
selling my home do I...
I have a will from my late,husband which is a trust ,Iam selling my home do I need anything other than the title ,death certificate and DL at closing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
12/5/2015
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You will need to probate the will here if you have not done so.You have to make application in Texas and are appointed personal representative. The will has to be found valid here and admitted by the judge.If this is the only asset the will can be admitted as muniment of title.This has the probate judge finding it is valid and this transfers title to you the sole heir.

This is much simpler probate but if there are other assets and debts regular probate is needed.You will need a local probate lawyer to make such application.

Once you are issued letters testamentary as the personal representative you are able to deed the house from his name to yours here by a fiduciary deed.The lawyer for the estate would help you with that as well as any sale.

I am not getting what DL stand for but probate here would be needed.Please let me know if you have more follow up.

There is going to need to be some kind of probate of the will either as muniment of title or regular probate.This will slow down a sale , it may take two to three months or so to file, get appointed, etc and complete the sale.

Thanks again.

Probate lawyer for you here..

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

I know that this can all be kind of overwhelming.Let me know if you have more, it is never a problem.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney