How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband resided in Japan and he past away and s family

Customer Question

my husband resided in Japan and he past away and his family never contacted me even the city hall where our koseki is recorded didn't contact me. When I found out they told me he didn't have any will or assets which is impossible. Is there any way possible to find out if that's true and if I can get back any that they took if they did? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

You need would need to contact an estate attorney in Japan to assist you. Can you tell me where in Japan he resided at the time of his death?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Was he an American citizen?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

It is good that there was a recorded koseki.

Related Estate Law Questions