How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In my husbands will he said our house ( in both our names )

Customer Question

In my husbands will he said our house ( in both our names ) goes to me if he dies first and then if something happens to me it goes to his sister. I want it to go to my son. It also states that if it is contested I would not get the house. Can this be? We have been married 25 years and lived in this house since 2004. Why couldn't I have the house given to my son should I be the surviving spouse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand the question...are you asking if you can demand he change his will to name your son, and not you, as the beneficiary?