How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42235
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm just looking straight forward information on how to add

Customer Question

Hi. I'm just looking for some straight forward information on how to add my daughter (27 yrs old) to my house title.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You can do this by quit claim deed from you as grantor to yourself and her as grantees.This makes you joint tenants with right of survivorship.This allows the survivor to take the title without out probate.

Forms you use here, again you are grantor to yourself and daughter as joint tenants.You complete it and sign in front of notary and file it in the deed records.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.