How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33490
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do we have to get an attorney to transfer a car title to our

Customer Question

Do we have to get an attorney to transfer a car title to our son from his deceased grandpa. There is a will with his aunt as executor. The car title is in my deceased Father in law's name. His car and House deed is all we have questions about. Can we get legal forms to go to probate court in our state of Ohio without an attorney to get the car transferred over to our son.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

My condolences for your loss.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

It sounds as if there are significant assets involved in the estate and probate is going to be necessary. For that reason, you will need an attorney to represent you in the probate court.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.