How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 102143
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband does not eant to have any claim to the property

Customer Question

My husband does not eant to have any claim to the property that I inherited from my mother. He just does not want no parts of it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  mmdebon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

I would like to help answer question, but I'm not exactly sure what it is? If you are going through divorce and your question is whether not you were husband has a claim upon your inheritance, then the answer is no as long as you have not commingled (mixed) it with other marital assets.

I hope this information is helpful. If I have not guessed as to what your question actually is please let me know and I'll try to answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not divorced still married but doesn't want any claim to the real estate property.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

All your husband has to do then is to file a QUITCLAIM DEED giving any/all interest he may have/have had/may claim in said property to you. This being an inheritance, he would not get any right to it anyhow unless his name was added to the deed, but regardless, the quitclaim deed would help to put it on the record that he does not want/have/intends to claim any interest in the property.

This quitclaim deed is to be filled out and filed with the records office of the county. Let me know if you need their address. Quitclaim form is HERE.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!