How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother presently lives in a generational property where

Customer Question

my mother presently lives in a generational property where all of her brothers and sisters (7) names are ***** ***** deed but she and her sister are the only two remaining (the rest are deceased) My mother has maintained the property taxes for the last 20 + years on this property (where she currently resides) We (my brother and sister and I) want to help her purchase the property which is presently valued under 40k. I understand about the children of the deceased names on the deed and they being entitled to their share. what steps will we (as a family) need to take to get this process started.
Andre McDaniel
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andre. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Are all the other parties in agreement to sell their interests to your mother?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My aunt..her sister..yes..newsflash. .I was not aware that the children of the deceased relatives would need to agree to that...ther a total of 30..give or take...what would something like this cost to retain your services to proceed with this is matter. ..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for following up. Unfortunately, as I'm not located in Georgia, I would not be able to provide you direct representation. I can provide you information as to the steps you'd need to take, but I would not be able to enter into any attorney/client relationship. I'm sorry.

Under my terms of service with JustAnswer, I'm not allowed to make a specific recommendation, but I can give you direction. You would want to either contact the state bar association or your nearest law school for a referral. I prefer the latter because they take great pride in their graduates and will take a more personal interest in making sure your referral is a good one because it will be a reflection of the school. But, this is not a complicated situation so you would only need a 1-2 year lawyer rather than a more experienced lawyer with the higher billing rate that comes with that experience.

Related Estate Law Questions