How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where do I start or call, and what questions should I ask?

Customer Question

Where do I start or call, and what questions should I ask?
My Father died in hunt count Texas in August.
He did not have a will that I know of.
A women lived with him for years, she had children from a previous marriage or other, in another state (Mississippi). Where do I do first?
What documents and forms should I have completed, in advance?
I do have his and my birth certificate in hand.
This lady is in a nursing home in Greenville Texas.
His name was George Stebens jr.
But his birth name is***** jr. born in Lakin Kansas,
My name is ***** ***** Paul Stebens III born in
His home address at time of death was***** 3512 Quinlan Texas 75474
Thank You
Paul Stebens ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Are you asking what you need to get together before hiring an attorney?